Friday, July 15, 2016

A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody - ADVISABLE

Brody, Jessica A Week of Mondays, 451 pages. Farrar Straus Giroux (Macmillan), 2016. $17.99. Language: PG (15 swears, 0 F); Mature Content: G; Violence: G 

Ellie Sparks has a most awful Monday. Among other things she gets a ticket and her absolutely “hot” boyfriend breaks up with her. The next morning, she realizes it is Monday again. She will relive the Monday her boyfriend broke up with her a total of seven times. She decides to re-invent herself every day and hopefully be the kind of person that her boyfriend will not break up with. It takes her a whole week of Mondays to finally realize who she really is, and who her true friends are.

This was a great book. It started a little slow, and the language in the first part of the book turned me off. However, soon I was really into the story. The language got better, and the story was great. I found myself laughing out loud many times during the reading of this book. I could not put the book down. I loved that in the story it even had a short reference to one of Jessica Brody’s other books; 52 Reasons to Hate My Father.

MS, HS - ADVISABLE   Reviewer Ellen-Anita, Librarian

No comments: