Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bones Never Lie by Elizabeth Macleod –ESSENTIAL


Macleod, Elizabeth Bones Never Lie: How Forensics Helps Solve Histories Mysteries 156 pgs. Annick Press, 2013. $17.96.  Content: Language: PG (0 swears); Mature Content: G ;  Violence: PG.
This is an in depth look at some incredibly interesting forensic CSI. Each case details the historical background behind the mystery and includes simple-language explanations about the crime solving techniques used. It gives definitive answers about some mysteries –like how King Tut and Napoleon died. Other mysteries just become more mysterious or speculative like what happened to King Rama of Thailand.
I loved this book! I think its a perfect for Middle school students who have some of that foundational history knowledge and want an introduction to forensic anthropology/crime solving! I didn't even realize when I was getting to the end of the book- so when I read the last page, I was almost dumbfounded –I couldn't believe that more pages simply weren't there. An immersive and engaging read that I read from start to finish in one sitting! Students are going to love this one!
MS- ESSENTIAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: