Thursday, March 13, 2014

If I Ran The Zoo by Dr. Seuss-ESSENTIAL


Seuss If I Ran The Zoo. PICTURE BOOK. Random House Children’s Books, 2014 Reprint.  $17.99.  

In this Caldecott Honor winning picture book, Dr. Seuss explores a huge range of animals he would have in his very own zoo.  “My New Zoo, McGrew Zoo, will make people talk.  My New Zoo, McGrew Zoo, will make people Gawk.” Suess then explores the strangest odd creatures that the imagination can concoct: An Elephant Cat, a fine fluffy bird called the Bustard who only eats sauce made of mustard. “I’ll capture them fat and I’ll capture them scrawny. I’ll capture a scraggle-foot Mulligatawny!”  

We love Dr. Seuss books and this is at the top of our list.  The illustrations are so unique the reader cant’ help but explore each page longer than other picture books. This is a beloved children’s book!

EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL. Reviewer: SL.

No comments: