Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Without Tess by Marcella Pixley - NO


Pixley, Marcella Without Tess, 280 pgs. D&M Publishers, Inc., 2011. Language - PG (11 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - PG; Violence - PG-13; Lizzie is still trying to move on--five years after her sister, Tess, dies. Lizzie's life isn't the same. Her life will never be the same. Yet, she needs to move on, but how can she let go and live when her can't? 

I went into this book wary, because I knew it was going to be sad. What I was not expecting was how creepy and demented Tess was. Lizzie recalls several experiences from when she and Tess played together and Tess's actions scared and disturbed me. I only kept reading to see what I hoped was an inevitable moving on in the end when Lizzie gets better and happier. Unfortunately, the ending wasn't even that good. MS, HS - NO. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: