Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies by Allen Zadoff - OPTIONAL


Zadoff, Allen My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies, 282 pgs. Egmont, 2011. Language - PG (45 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - PG-13; Violence - G; Adam has family issues, social issues, and self-confidence issues. Adam is a behind-the-scenes guy--literally and figuratively. He can't bring himself to stand up to his brother or Derek, no way is going to get up and stand up to himself and admit he needs to make changes. Adam needs to get his act together and stand up for something in his life, but how can he when everything is falling to pieces? 

Adam's inner conflict causes most of his outer conflicts; I love how real Adam's story is and how you can relate to it. Getting lost in the chaos and drama of Montclair High's thespians is easy and overwhelming. I loved being apart of Adam's growth and gaining some of his strength myself. I only wish I didn't have to be apart of Adam's typical teenage boy thoughts. 

MS, HS - OPTIONAL. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: