Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pantone Colors by Abrams Appleseed


Pantone Colors by Abrams Appleseed.  BOARD BOOK.  $10.  The people at Abrams have partnered with the professional color people – Pantone - to create a board book of the basic colors matched with twenty variations, each with the official pantone number and a real life name.  

When my daughter was little, she was always very precise – “These aren’t shoes, Mom.  I am wearing sandals,’” she would say.  Thank goodness this book wasn’t around then, because them every single color in the world would have had a specific name!   I would have never heard the word ‘green’ again – instead it would have been pistachio, olive, lettuce, leaf, grass, emerald and so on.  And I would have loved every minute of it!  I can’t imagine an art teacher that wouldn’t love to share it with their classes.  

PRE-K, EL (K-3) – ESSENTIAL; EVERYONE – ADVISABLE. Cindy, Library Teacher

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

I need to give this to my daughter for a present. She has quizzed me for years in what colors in catalogs are ("Tell me the difference between ecru and oatmeal!")so I'm sure she would find this amusing!