Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Darkside by Tom Becker - ADVISABLE


Becker, Tom Darkside, 288 Pgs. Orchard Books.

Language-G; Sexual Content- G; Violence- PG

MS-ADVISABLE

This is a story about Jonathan Starling, a 14-year-old boy stuck in a broken world where is father is almost always in the hospital sick and when he's not he's stuck up in his home office. Jonathan's Biggest form of excitement is usually running from the police. But when three strangers start coming after him, his world is turned into a horrible horror story. When he crosses over to another world he makes werewolf friends, makes vampire enemies, and has to save his fathers life before it's too late.

This is a fun story that had me on the edge of my seat a lot of the time. It took me quite a few chapters before I really got into it but once I did, it was awesome. I recommend it to anyone looking for a new series with vampires, werewolves and other creatures.

Student Reviewer:AR

No comments: