The Swan’s Daughter by Roshani Chokshi, 400 pages. St. Martin’s, 2026. $22.
Language: G (0 swears, 0 ‘f’); Mature Content: G; Violence: G (threats, mentions of deaths)
BUYING ADVISORY: HS - ESSENTIAL
APPEALS TO: SEVERAL
Delmelza has always thought herself the unloved daughter of her veritas swan mother and her (evil) sorcerer father. The day she discovers that her mother has been protecting her from father instead, she flees to the only place in the kingdom where she might be safe. To Rathe Castle, where Prince Arris is getting ready for a contest to finally choose a bride that can steal his heart - probably quite literally, right out of his chest.
Chokshi has restored my faith in fantasy and she brings a delightful new light to “romantasy” (can I tell you how I hate that word). Even when Delmelza finally sees her father again, Chokshi brings a fresh, delightful spin to the encounter.
Demelza cues white.
I listened to the audiobook provided by libro.fm, narrated by Ell Potter.
Cindy, Middle School Librarian, MLS

No comments:
Post a Comment