Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Snapstreak : How my friends saved my (social) life by Suzanna Weyn - ADVISABLE

Weyn, Suzanne Snapstreak : How my friends saved my (social) life, 183 pages. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt 2018 $15.

Language: G (0 swears 0 'f'); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.

MS - ADVISABLE

8th grader Olivia (Vee) is not wanting to move, but Dad wants to live closer to work, so even though she hates the idea, she's starting 9th grade next year in a High School in a different town. While looking at their new house, she meets Gwynneth and starts snap chatting. Then a local TV station is running a contest to see if any teens can keep a new friendship (of kids from different schools) running through snapchat - a snapstreak! But they can't miss any days, or they will lose. 

 Oh! I liked this more than I expected to! Told mostly through Vee, Megan and Lulu - texts and snap chats included, this fun story is a great message about not using your phone at school, and how friends can pull together when there's an emergency.

Lisa Librarian

No comments: