Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Final Battle..for Now (The Sisters 8 –Book #9) by Lauren Baratz-Logsted –ADVISABLE


Baratz-Logsted, Lauren The Final Battle..for Now (The Sisters 8 –Book #9) 160 pgs. Sandpiper, 2012. $5.99.  (Rating: G)
The sisters face something totally unexpected in their rescue attempt of their Daddy from a snowglobe- their own well-matched male counterparts. 8 boy siblings, who match them each- in personalities and powers. Each sister challenges the boy who is most like her to contents that test their skills and abilities. Will they be able to outwit them, and their “evil” Mummy?
This last book was my first introduction to this series. I already know that is wildly popular with my 3rd graders so I tried to reconcile that fact with my growing dislike of the book as I read it. I think the whole thing is stupid (who references the Waltons!?), nonsensical, awash with too many characters, and exactly how being in the head of a person with multiple personality disorder would feel. But I don’t count much in this equation, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out the appeal. Go Figure! Regardless, the students LOVE this series, so buy this book and make them all happy. I did.
EL, ELEMENTARY –ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: