Friday, August 30, 2013

Furious by Jill Wolfson - OPTIONAL


Wolfson, Jill Furious, 326 pgs. Henry Holt and Company, 2013. Language - PG-13 (53 swears, 1 "f"), Sexual Content - PG-13; Violence - PG; 

Meg has accepted her hard life, but that doesn't mean she's happy with it. The acceptance has come because Meg doesn't have the power to change anything. Or does she? With the help of Alix, Stephanie, and Ambrosia, Meg unlocks the power to deal out justice to those doing wrong, but where is the line between justice and revenge? 

This question is what ran through my mind throughout the whole book. It made me curious to read what Meg would do as I evaluated what I would do myself. While this combined with the fascinating Furies myths made the book entertaining to read, I was annoyed at the ending. It felt like there was a ton of build up, and then the final battle was over too soon. 

HS - OPTIONAL. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: