Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jump into the Sky by Shelley Pearsall - OPTIONAL


Pearsall, Shelley Jump into the Sky, 337 pgs. Alfred A. Knopf, 2012. Language - PG (26 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - PG; Violence - PG; 

All his life, Levi's family has left without him. Levi's mother was the first to leave without looking back and his father is following her example, being gone for three years now. Now it's Levi's turn to leave--even if he has no idea where he's going. 

Being set during WWII, I thought I would know what was going on, but I learned so much that I didn't know about the 555th battalion. I also liked seeing things from Levi's unique point of view: a soldier's son in the army action. However, I didn't get as much of a thrill reading the story as the soldiers jumping into the sky. 

MS, HS - OPTIONAL. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: