Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems - ESSENTIAL

Willems, Mo.  The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? Hyperion Books for Children (Disney), 2012. $15.99.  PICTURE BOOK.  

Pigeon has had it hard in his day.  He's asked to drive the bus and much, much more.  But he never seems to get what he wants.  So when Duckling gets a cookie just by asking politely, Pigeon is pretty upset.  

I love Mo Willems and I love the Pigeon books.  That's why I was ecstatic that I got to review this one.  It didn't disappoint me.  He kept to a similar format as in other pigeon books, but he threw in enough curveballs to keep it interesting. I enjoyed it and my children did too.  It's great for a child learning to read and it is fun to read to the kids.  

Pre-K, EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL.  Brent Smith, Reading Teacher

No comments: