
Content: G
BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3), EL - ESSENTIAL
APPEALS TO: SEVERAL
When 9yo Winona Mole finds a rune inscribed crochet hook in her bag, an identical replica of the storied Spirit Hook, her crochet skills improve dramatically. Soon, Winona could create crocheted yarn versions of almost anything. Maybe she should go on her favorite show "Yarn is Everything"!
Oh! I loved Yarn is Everything! The story is set up like an episode of Twilight Zone, which will probably be lost on the readers but their grandparents will get it. The pages are printed on black glossy pages, and the color is a neon blue, highlighting her hook and occasionally other focus items. I know the intended audience is familiar with reality competition shows, so Yarn is Everything is an essential purchase for me. Now I need to read the rest of the series.
Lisa Librarian
No comments:
Post a Comment