BUYING ADVISORY: EL, MS - OPTIONAL
APPEALS TO: SOME
The history of, and scientific explanation of poop (and in some cases urine). The reader learns how our bodies make poop, what it says about health, animals and poop, toilets through the ages and much more.
So, this was fascinating - there is a ton of information about poop, stuff I didn't know I didn't want to know - yes a lot of it is gross, but it's about poop so what do you expect. The reader is told throughout not to touch poop, and not to experiment with it, to leave it to the experts. The illustrations are large and artistic, illustrations of people pooping are discreet, and it's funny at times. What I really think? Kids will pick it up because it's called Poop, but I'm not sure how engaged they'll be in reading it. Also, it's one of the oversized books that won't fit on our shelves anyway.
Lisa Librarian

No comments:
Post a Comment