Thursday, August 28, 2014

Infatuate by Aimee Agresti - OPTIONAL

Agresti, Aimee  Infatuate (Gilded Wings #2), 401 pgs.  Harcourt, 2013.  $17.99  Content: Language: PG (6 swears); Violence: PG-13; Mature Content: PG-13.  

Haven and her boyfriend, Lance, and best friend, Dante decide to go to New Orleans and help in a volunteer program.  While there they find that the city is being attacked by demons who are disguised as beautiful people.  Haven and Lance start to drift apart when they find that the other volunteers in their group are also angels.  They start their angel training in the hopes that they can beat back the demons.  

This is the second book in the Gilded Wings series and the first one had a fantastic setting with great chemistry between the characters-this one isn’t as good.  It actually took me a whole month to finish (unheard of for me) because I just couldn’t get into it and I found that I didn’t really care about the characters.  It felt like a drawn out middle book that was trying to bridge two books together.  In the end when it started to get good-it left me hanging.  Overall, it was a disappointment-but maybe I was in a bad mood…for a month.   

MS, HS-OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson. 

No comments: