Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How the Beatles Changed the World by Sandler - ESSENTIAL

Sandler, Martin W. How the Beatles Changed the World, 169 p. Bloomsbury, 2014.  $21.  Content: G.  

The Beatles burst upon the American music scene in 1964 and before they broke up for good in 1970, they had changed music, movies, fashion, and more. 

I thought I would only skim this book before writing the review, but I read every single word instead.  My husband will tell you that I am not really a Beatles fan; they are not a group that I listen to choice, usually.  But as I was reading Sandler’s biography, I was engaged, entertained, and educated.  I also realized that I could hum or sing pretty much every song the Beatles produced - so they have influenced my life too.  This high-quality offering is an excellent addition to music appreciation, a collective biography collection, or a general non-fiction library.

MS, HS - ESSENTIAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: