Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fate by Jennifer Barnes


Barnes, Jennifer Lynn Fate, 354 p. Delacorte (Random House), 2008. Content: G. Ever since Bailey received her ‘temporary’ tattoo two years ago, she has spent her nights being Life, one of the Fates. Now graduation is creeping up and Bailey’s best friends are making plans to go various places for college and such. Then the other Fates tell Bailey that the time of Reckoning has arrived – Bailey must choose between the Seelie and UnSeelie courts and each is trying in their own way to make her theirs. But Bailey may have another choice. I have not read the first book, Tattoo, but I will now go back and get up to date. I had no problem following the action, as Barnes skillful interwove just enough information to keep me abreast of the past. Bailey and her friends are A-1 in my book; an other fabulous read that doesn’t resort to sex, violence or swearing to make a statement! MS, HS – ESSENTIAL. Cindy, Library-Teacher.

No comments: