Monday, July 13, 2009

The Actual Real Reality of Jennifer James by Gillian Shields


Shields, Gillian The Actual Real Reality of Jennifer James, 350 p. Katherin Tegan (HarperCollins), 2006. Content: G.

 Jennifer James is the geekiest of the geeks – dedicated to school work, wears the most awful clothes because her mother is a crazy feminist who doesn’t take a single clue from “the man”, no friends to really speak of. So when a reality show is staged at her school and she is one of only 12 kids chosen to participate, Jennifer is mystified and excited, because the grand prize is school at the most fabulous boarding school in all of England. But Jennifer’s enemies – and her own mother – are working to thwart her plans for a happier life and all of England has a chance to watch every excruciating moment.

I don’t know how I missed this book back in 2006 – I thought it was really cute. I didn’t mind the British slang or the outrageousness of reality TV. I would call this a wildly fun romp. I just checked on Follett – it’s not available there, but it is on Amazon.

MS – ADVISABLE. Cindy, Library Teacher.

No comments: