Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Silverlegs: Seed of Rage by Camilla Monk - NO

Silverlegs: Seed of Rage by Camilla Monk, 400 pages. Camilla Monk, 2019. $4.99

Language: R (171 swears, 51 “f”); Mature Content: PG13; Violence: R

BUYING ADVISORY: HS – NO

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Before she was Silverlegs, she was a girl living on a farm. When events forced her to run away or else be punished severely for her actions, she was mistaken for a boy and taken by mercenaries to fight for them. Slowly, she becomes Silverlegs, but being the best at what she does doesn’t make her life as simple as she imagined.

I was constantly appalled by the swearing—I never got used to it. With so much disturbance by the language, I found myself distracted from the story and just hoping it would finally end. The premise was exciting, and I did like the story of a girl who works hard to beat a man’s world, I just feel that the story wasn’t put together in a way that helped me enjoy read it. The mature content rating is for rape, prostitution, and mentions of sex (without going into graphic details); the violence rating is for torture and battle gore that permeates most chapters.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: