Friday, November 16, 2018

Most Wanted by Rae Carson - ADVISABLE

Most Wanted (Star Wars) by Rae Carson, 348 pages.  Disney, 2018. $18. 

Language: G; Mature Content: G; Violence: PG (scifi fighting)

BUYING ADVISORY:  MS, HS - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Han ekes out a living in the sewers of Corellia, under the fist of Lady Proxima, a petty criminal overlord of the White Worm gang.  Qi’ra is also human and a part of the gang.  Both are in competition for a prized promotion – a little more freedom, better food, and power.  When the two are sent on separate errands for the Lady, they both end up running for their lives – carrying with them an important piece of tech that is worth dying for – and if Han and Qi’ra die, so much the better for everyone.

I’m not sure how old Han is supposed to be int his title.  And I haven’t see the movie, so I don’t know if this is a novelization.  But I do know that I enjoyed seeing Han’s intuition in action and I need to find out what happened to Qi’ra!

Cindy, Middle School Librarian, MLS

No comments: