Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Rare & Blue: Finding Nature's Treasures by Constance Van Hoven and Alan Marks - ESSENTIAL

 Rare & Blue: Finding Nature's Treasures by Constance Van Hoven, illustrated by Alan Marks. NON FICTION PICTURE BOOK. Charlesbridge, 2020. $19. 9781623540975

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3), EL, MS - ESSENTIAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH 

This book was a great learning experience. It was fun to learn about animals and plants that are blue and in danger of disappearing. I loved reading about blue lobsters, Karner Blue Butterflies and blue whales. I did not know that some black bears are actually blue! I have read the book many times now, just to enjoy it and the beautiful illustrations. I loved reading about eight rare and endangered species. I had never even heard of blue bears! Now I want to plant Lupines just to see if I can get some Karner Blue Butterflies to visit my yard. The illustrations are beautiful, spectacular. I loved this book and I highly recommend it. It is important that we all know how to preserve the beauty all around us.

Ellen-Anita, LMS 

No comments: