Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Colorful Family Table by Irene Godofsky Moreno - OPTIONAL

The Colorful Family Table by Irene Godofsky Moreno, 256 pages. BenBella Books, 2019. $20.

Language: G (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: G; Violence: G

BUYING ADVISORY: MS, HS, ADULTS - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Moreno’s life has a lot to do with food as she is a health coach, recipe developer, food blogger, and food photographer. In this cookbook, she shares her ideas for healthy eating with each recipe -- recipes that are beautifully illustrated with her own photographs in such a way to make you race into the kitchen to try them yourself.

I like balance in my diet, and I often eat a little of everything. Moreno’s recipes are vegan friendly, and I have no doubt that they are delicious as is. However, they would also be easy to substitute non-vegan products into, should you feel the need. Writing-wise, I felt that Moreno became repetitive in her assurances that following the recipe would result in edible food every time a surprising ingredient was included. Recipe-wise, this book is filled with amazing things I can’t wait to try. 

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: