Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Death Watch by Ari Berk - OPTIONAL


Death Watch by Ari Berk, 523 pages. Simon & Schuster, 2011. $17.99

Language: R (46 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: PG13; Violence: PG13

BUYING ADVISORY: HS – OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Silas’s father has been missing for over a year. While his mother is moving on and Silas receives pressure to do the same, Silas knows that there is more to know and understand about his father’s disappearance. What questions will be asked and answered when he is forced to his father’s hometown of Lichport?

Throughout the entire book, I was trying to figure out whether or not I liked it. There were parts that I found intriguing and had me on the edge of my seat, and then I would start falling asleep and skimming pages until Silas’s story picked up again. The book had a great ending, so I suspect that my satisfaction with the book has been skewed by a ending on a high point. The PG13 ratings for mature content and violence are for alcohol abuse and the gruesome descriptions of grave robbery, murder, and drowning.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen


No comments: