Thursday, April 8, 2021

Greek Mythology: The Handbook by Liv Albert and Sara Richard - ESSENTIAL

Greek Mythology: The Gods, Goddesses, and Heroes Handbook
by Liv Albert, illustrated by Sara Richard
. 240 pages. Adams Media (Simon & Schuster), 2021. $17. 9781507215494 

Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content PG; Violence: PG 

BUYING ADVISORY:– MS, HS - ESSENTIAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH 

Greek Mythology gets a fantastic new update. Smartly illustrated and designed, it is a great size to pack around. I thought I knew everything about the Greek pantheon, but I found new facts and got pulled in by format. Each deity or hero is divided into “What’s his/her deal?” “The Story You Need to Know,” and “Now You Know.” Sometimes just the illustrations would pull me into a section. Easy to find facts and great, succinct writing, this is my new go-to for Greek Mythology. More than a mere reference book, this is a marvelous read. 

 Michelle in the Middle 

No comments: