Thursday, September 17, 2020

Forget Me Not by Sarah M. Eden - ADVISABLE


Forget Me Not
by Sarah M. Eden
, 256 pages. Covenant Communications, 2020. $17.

Language: G (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: PG; Violence: G

BUYING ADVISORY: HS - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Lucas is inspired to live after the deaths of siblings and friends throughout his growing up years, which, for him, means seeing the world and experiencing life. All these deaths had the opposite effect on Julia, Lucas’s neighbor, as she becomes withdrawn, especially when Lucas chooses to leave her behind. When these two are thrown together again after years apart, the reunion is not as joyous as everyone had hoped.

Eden skillfully uses words on the page to reach out to the hearts of readers. As I read from Julia’s point of view, my eyes filled with tears because I felt her pain of rejection, abandonment, and betrayal. I love this book for how it engaged me and drew me in so completely, though I am not as impressed with the lack of change in Lucas through the book; there is hope that he becomes a better fit for Julia, but I’m not a big fan of him.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: