Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Quantum Weirdness of the Almost-Kiss by Amy Noelle Parks - ADVISABLE


The Quantum Weirdness of the Almost-Kiss
by Amy Noelle Parks
, 368 pages. Amulet Books, 2021. $14.

Language: PG13 (14 swears, 1 “f”); Mature Content: PG13; Violence: PG

BUYING ADVISORY: HS - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Caleb and Evie have been friends forever -- and Caleb has been in love with her for most of that time. Meanwhile, Evie has only been in love with math. Until now.

From the first page, I fell in love with Caleb and Evie and their story. I love their cute nerdiness, their endless supply of adorableness, and their witty lines; but the thing that captivated me the most is how tangible their personalities are. Caleb and Evie feel like my friends because I feel like I know them well enough to recognize them if we could somehow pass each other on the street. Their story is humorous and heartbreaking and enjoyable from start to end. I’m already planning when I can reread it. Note: I listened to the audiobook, and it is read by two voice actors as they read alternating chapters from Caleb and Evie’s points of view. They did an amazing job, and I know they are at least half the reason I love this book. The mature content rating is for innuendo.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: