Monday, June 8, 2020

Turn it Up! A Pitch Perfect History of Music That Rocked the World by Joel Levy - ESSENTIAL

Turn it Up! A Pitch Perfect History of Music That Rocked the World by Joel Levy 192 pages. NON-FICTION National Geographic Kids, 2019. $20.00

BUYING ADVISORY: EL, MS - ESSENTIAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

From the world's earliest instruments to Lady Gaga, from Beethoven to Broadway, and Big Band to K-Pop, this engaging history of music includes styles, musicians, celebrities, and stories which quickly give the reader basic dinner table conversation topics on all things music.

 I thought I knew a lot about music, that background knowledge was great, but the brief bits of info were great, and there was so much new information! Wow! Full of captioned photos and interesting trivia, I felt compelled to share what I'd learned with the people around me. My favorite side bars said "Listen Up" and gave a suggested title and composer or artist - I found every one and listened along while I read. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. Includes a timeline, glossary and suggestions for further reading and resources.

Lisa Librarian

No comments: