Friday, June 16, 2006

Hiatus

So - bad me. I went off to Hawaii with my family and didn't post one single day. Of course, I didn't bring any YA books with me - only my not-so-secret vice - trashy romance novels. There was way too much fun stuff to do - so reading wasn't really in the equation much. It was great to be back on Oahu. I spent one year of college at BYU-Hawaii, so I dragged the family to the Polynesian Cultural Center and we also spent a day on Sunset beach - the BEST sand in the entire world! By chance there was also a children's literature conference going on on Maui - Karen Hesse and Jerry Pinkney were there - but I had no idea until I talked to another librarian in the airport. There was a great spread about it in the local paper, however.

So. I'm home for a few days before ALA (YEAH!). I'll see how much reading I can get in. For now its grocery shopping, laundry and catchup with the mail!

No comments: