Wednesday, June 28, 2006

ALA Detox

I just returned from the ALA convention, where I spent almost every minute in the exhibit hall and came away with dozens of ARC's to read this summer. I actually read two while I was on the plane. So please bear with me as I read like crazy and then type when I feel like it. Let me just put in this note - Stephanie Meyer's New Moon is not to be missed! Greetings to my roommate Mary! Thanks for the great time and thanks for putting up with my early nights. And many thanks to the vendors, editors, authors and marketers that made it all so much fun to be there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous, Cindy! I would love to go to the ALA conference. All the other librarian blogs are raving about it, too. Maybe next time...

Glad you enjoyed yourself and made it back safely.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caryn! I'm not actually going next year, but I should be back in 2008 when the conference is in Anaheim! Also AASL conference in October of 2007 is in Reno, so I am going to see if I can organize a bus load of Utah librarians to go. You should think about it!

Anonymous said...

The AASL conference sounds fantastic! We're lucky to have it only one state over next year. I love the idea of joining up with many other librarians to do this. Or I can try to coerce the other three librarians in my district to form a carfull, and we can meet up in Reno, too.

Anonymous said...

I definitely think a carpool or busload to Reno is a go for October 2007! Utah should be able to pull together quite a crew despite all the activity that takes place in a school library media center in the fall. And especially if we have this much time to plan.
Fawn

Anonymous said...

Reno in 2007: if I start now, I just may find a way to do this! Thanks for sharing, Cindy!
Love ya,

Anonymous said...

I talked to the head librarian in our district, and she sounded very excited about the AASL conference, so it sounds like we'll have a vanload. In addition to (we hope) all four librarians in our district, we'll probably also kidnap the head children's/YA librarian at the local library, since I think it would probably be helpful for her as well.