Monday, July 26, 2021

Amelia Earhart: First Woman Over the Atlantic (Trailblazers) by Sally J. Morgan - ADVISABLE

 Amelia Earhart: First Woman Over the Atlantic (Trailblazers) by Sally J. Morgan, illustrated by David Shephard, 169 pages. NON FICTION. Random House, 2021. $8. 9780593124581

 Content: G

BUYING ADVISORY: EL, MS - ADVISABLE

 AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

Amelia Earhart was born in her grandmother's house and she had a wonderful childhood filled with adventure and exploring. she had a "cool" mom who didn't believe in dressing girls in fancy dresses. Instead she made her daughters loose pants so they could run, play, climb and explore. Amelia kept a scrapbook of women who inspired her. Amelia started a club called the Ninety-Nines. It was started as a club for women pilots. Today the club has thousands of members all over the world. 

 I have always loved Amelia Earhart. I have read everything I have been able to find about her, from the time I was a little girl in Norway. She was brave and inspiring. As a librarian I bought every book I could find about her to put in my library. I think this is a fascinating book with a lot of details about Amelia's life. I loved the way it was written, with interesting tidbits tucked in between the rest of the text. I highly recommend this book. Read and enjoy!

 Ellen-Anita, Librarian 

No comments: