Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Swamp Thing by Maggie Stiefvater - OPTIONAL


Swamp Thing: Twin Branches
by Maggie Stiefvater
, 208 pages. GRAPHIC NOVEL. DC Comics, 2020. $17.

Language: R (22 swears, 2 “f”); Mature Content: PG13; Violence: PG

BUYING ADVISORY: MS, HS - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Alec and Walker are going to stay with their cousins for the last summer before college, thanks to drama at home. Walker wants to party like there’s no tomorrow, but Alec just wants to continue his plant research, even if he has to start all over. Not even Alec knew how that research would change the summer -- and him -- forever.

Having just finished the book, I’m still not really sure what happened. Stiefvater gives readers things to think about, and she planted in me a desire to go sit in a garden or in the woods for a bit, just to see if I can understand plants better. The shift in how I think about plants after reading the analogies and facts throughout this book is what I like most about it, even if I’m not sure I followed the story very well. The mature content rating is for innuendo.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: