Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hot Mess by Julie Kraut and Shallon Lester - NO


Kraut, Julie and Shallon Lester Hot Mess, 352, Delacorte Press

Language- PG-13; Sexual Content - PG; Violence-G;

MS - NO

Emma Freeman and her friend Rachel decided to move to New York City for the summer to be interns. Rachel works at a savvy internet job while Emma's internship is a bust. She is stuck with a boss that verbally abuses everyone while thinking its funny and the man of her dreams. Oh and did I mention that he doesn't know that she is still in high school?

This book was okay but I felt like they mentioned way too many famous people in it. And I think that they just swore way too much, it was unnecessary. For two people writing one book I would have thought they could have done a better job.

Student Reviewer: AA.

1 comment:

The Flints said...

Cindy, I just discovered your website, and it's amazing. Doug at Three Little Monkey's in Fruit Heights directed me to it. Thank you so much. I'm going to tell all of the DSD librarians about it.
~Bonnie