Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Programming Awesome Apps (Kids get coding) by Heather Lyons –NO

Lyons, Heather Programming Awesome Apps (Kids get coding)  24 pgs. Lerner, 2017.  $20.
This book explains what apps are, why they are useful, and how much goes into planning them. It features cartoon illustrations and bright layouts.
This book does not reference an APP creator, as coding books often do –where a student can download a free program then actually try the tasks out to create a finished product (or part of a finished project). So I am unsure of how this book is even useful. The book directs readers to a website to do a couple of activities, but those activities are not yet present (2018 pub date), so I couldn’t check them out. Although it does a great job of helping explain apps, I just couldn’t see myself purchasing this book for my library.

EL(K-3) -NO.  Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author

No comments: