Sunday, May 28, 2017

Starters by Lisa Price - OPTIONAL

Price, Lissa Starters, 335 pgs. Delacorte Press, 2012. $17.99 Language – PG (2 swears, 0 “f”), Mature Content – PG; Violence – PG; 

“Youth is wasted on the young,” a common sentiment, but no longer true—not for the Enders who can afford to rent young bodies for a few days. With technological advances, the mind of one person can be put into the body of another, which has resulted in the old, rich folks paying to enjoy a youthful vacation. However, these vacations are stolen time from young Starters hopeless enough to sign on for money they need to survive. Callie never wanted to admit to being that desperate, but she will do anything to help her brother.

While interesting enough, Callie’s story was not so captivating that I could not put it down, but I liked that it was memorable enough to remember where I was picking up the story again weeks later. Another positive point is that the flow of the story was not as predictable as it first seemed. When I was only halfway through Starters, I reached the event that I expected to be the ending. I am relieved that it did not stop there, for that is when things started to get more interesting. 

HS – OPTIONAL. Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: