Tuesday, May 9, 2017

I Love My Mommy by Sebastien Braun - ADVISABLE

Braun, Sebastien I Love My Mommy. BOARD BOOK. Harper Collins, 2017. $7.99 

The companion to "I Love My Daddy," this board book is all about the relationship between mother and child. Each page features a different animal mom and baby, noting the things mom does for her child--an otter mom takes her child swimming, a squirrel mom helps her child climb, etc. All of these actions add up to an ending where the child expresses their love for Mom. 

This is a nice board book with fun colors and images kids will enjoy looking at. The various animals definitely mixes it up, but I actually like the continuity of one animal (bear) in Braun's first 'Daddy' book a little more--makes it a bit more meaningful. All the same, its a board book. Simple text, fun pictures. Kids will like it. 
Pre-K--ADVISABLE. Reviewer: TC

No comments: