Friday, May 19, 2017

A Dog in the Cave by Kay Frydenborg - ADVISABLE

Frydenborg, Kay A Dog in the Cave: The Wolves that Made Us Human, NON-FICTION 246 pages. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, 2017. $18.99 Language: G (0 Swears, 0 F) Mature Content; G; Violence; G.

What I learned about the book is that, dogs have been our non-human best friends for thousands of years. Dogs and humans have shared a very deep and unique bond. The dog is the one animal we communicate best with. Some interesting facts from the book was that, dogs have evolved:  dogs used to be just big. Now dogs come in all shapes, big and small.  Scientist believe that dogs have been our good companions for over 20,000 years. A dog is a very special animal. Dogs can detect if we have cancer or a disease. A dog can improve our health life.

I recommend this book because you can learn a lot about dogs. This book will teach the values of having a pet dog.  I liked this book because it had many pictures. It was a bit boring at first, but after I started to read I enjoyed the book. I feel like this book might be a little bit harder for younger readers because of all the facts. I learned may things about dogs that I didn't know before. I have read many boring non fiction books but this one was definitely different.


MS - ADVISABLE, HS-OPTIONAL  8th Grade Student Reviewer KOG

No comments: