Friday, March 31, 2017

This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston - OPTIONAL

Elston, Ashley This Is Our Story, 312 pages.  Hyperion,2016. $18.99.  Language: R (23 swears, 5 ‘’ F’’); Mature Content: R; Violence: PG-13.

Katie is an 18 year-old high school student who works for the DA. she gets caught up in a mess she never thought would happen. A murder! The River Point Boys are some of the richest people in town. One of their friends is murdered, they get kicked out of school, and come to Katie’s school. Katie and her boss get to the case. They are super excited but whenever they think they get a lead it’s a dead end. Until the very day of court. Who murdered Grant?

I think this book is a very good book. I was always caught up in the action and I could barely take my eye off the book. There was a lot of swearing but I think it was ok because it helped me visualize how the character it feeling. I gave the mature content rating an R because it talks about naked woman all through the book. I gave the violence a PG-13 because it talks about a person being shot by a rifle. Everyone should read this book, it is awesome!

MS, HS- OPTIONAL. STUDENT REVIEWER: CN

No comments: