Thursday, February 23, 2017

Meet the Bobs and Tweets by Pepper Springfield -OPTIONAL

Springfield, Pepper Meet the Bobs and Tweets 80 pgs. Scholastic, 2016. $9.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G
In this basic chapter book, we meet Bob family who are slobby and loud and we also meeting the contrasting Tweet family who are neat and clean. When they move in near each other, chaos ensues, especially at the swimming pool. There is one child in each family that doesn’t quite fit in with their own family, when they meet each other, it’s a natural friendship. Filled with full page color illustrations.
I hope to never read another chapter book in full rhyme ever again. As I am neat person, it was cringe worthy to read about the messy chaotic Bob family and I just felt bad for all their pets. I also found that it grated on me when the rhyming scheme was off. Normally I would say that the rhyming would help a learning reader, but in order to make it work in many places, higher level vocabulary was used, which would make things tricky.
EL(K-3) –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: