Monday, November 21, 2016

Alexander the Great: Master of the Ancient World - ESSENTIAL

Wilhelm, Doug Alexander the Great: Master of the Ancient World, 135 pages. $23.   NON-FICTION.  Violence: PG-13 (lots and lots of killing).

Was Alexander of Macedonia a hero, freeing oppressed people from corrupt rulers, or was he a destroyer, bent on bending the world to his feet through whatever means necessary?

The Wicked History series is one of my favorite biography series ever.  I have multiple copies of each book in my school library and the students never get tired of them.  I’m glad to see that Scholastic is still committed to the series.

MS – ESSENTIAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am glad to hear this since I just ordered the entire series!!! I am limiting it to 6th grade though (unless they have parent permission). We created Fakebook accounts for biographical figures last year and some of the really great role models were challenging because they wouldn't have drama on facebook.