Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Squish: Pod vs. Pod by Jennifer L. and Matthew Holm - OPTIONAL

Holm, Jennifer L. and Matthew Holm Squish: Pod vs. Pod, 91 pgs.  GRAPHIC NOVEL Random House, 2016.  $6.99 Content: G. 

This book was about Squish’s friend, Pod, who was super emotional.  Squish tries to figure out what is happening with his friend.  What Squish didn’t realize is that Pod, who is way into science, had traveled through a space-time continuum that had malfunctioned and there were five of him.  Pod tries to figure out what to do with his other selves so that he can be the only one in this world.  

I thought this graphic novel had good illustrations, I like the author and illustrator of this series.  I thought it was funny how Squish was so confused and his friend was funny when he got emotional.  I liked the book but I had higher expectations because the other Squish books have been better.  

EL (K-3), EL – OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, Isabelle, age 12.

No comments: