Monday, September 26, 2016

Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula by Andi Watson -NO

Watson, Andi Princess Decomposia, 161 pgs. First Second, 2015. $14.99. Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: PG(kiss) Violence: G
Princess Decomposia runs the castle by herself now that her father is ill and bedridden. Her job is exhausting and her burden is eased when she befriends the new chef she hired, Count Spatula. He give her some great advice, but this king doesn’t approve and insists she fire him. But its too late, her and the Count might be becoming more than friends.
I did not enjoy reading this book, I felt annoyed by the demanding father, annoyed by her responsibilities, and especially annoyed by the way conversations were longer than they needed to be. I did not care for the artwork especially, choppy dark and hard to look at. It has taken me like 6 months to finish this book and I just can’t recommend it, I don’t think it will engage readers.

MS –NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: