Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My Favorite Pets by Jeanne Bridsall -OPTIONAL

Birdsall, Jeanne My Favorite Pets: By Gue W. For Ms. Smolinski’s Class  Alfred Knof, 2016. $16.99 PICTURE BOOK
Gus and his family own 17 sheep, so when it’s time to write a report, he has the perfect topic. It becomes apparent that Gus really likes sheep and treats them quite a bit like humans, which gets him into all kinds of mischief, especially when you let them into the house. Features large pages with bright fun illustrations.
This is kind of strange book honestly, I am not sure how appealing it will be to young readers. My pet dragon books are popular right now because students like to imagine pets they couldn’t have in real life, so this might not be a big draw. Honestly, I just feel bad for the sheep and the parents. The artwork is top notch and would be easy to share with a group.

PRE-K, EL(K-3) – OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: