Monday, August 8, 2016

Henry & Leo by Pamela Zagarenski -OPTIONAL

Zagarenski, Pamela Henry & Leo Houghton Mifflin, 2016 $17.99.  PICTURE BOOK
A small lion stuffed animal named Leo is lost in the forest by his loving owner, a little boy named Henry. Its too dark to go back but his lion meets some interesting new friends. Will Leo and Henry be reunited?
I am a bit obsessed with this author/illustrator. The story is odd and it is weird, but it’s a dream that you would want to have. Its sort of like crawling inside of someone’s else’s imagination. I think students will find  a magical connection to the book and its illustrations. Would I spend school budget money for another lost stuffed animal book (which is a bit of a pre-K plotline in any case)? Probably not, but I would buy this for a child as a gift or myself for that matter.

PRE-K, EL(K-3)  –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: