Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Perfect Match by E.D. Baker - ADVISABLE

Baker, E.D.  The Perfect Match, 272 pages.  Bloomsbury, 2015.  $17.  Content: G. 

Cory is still coming to terms with her job as a Cupid and still battling with the Tooth Fairy Guild who want to punish her for leaving them.  Her current client, Goldilocks, is very fussy about her dates.  The situation is even more complicated when Cory has a vision of Goldilocks perfect match – the prince of a faraway kingdom who is just about to get married. 

I can’t put my finger on the problem, but I was not as charmed by this novel as I was by the first in the series, or especially Baker other series.  I think maybe it is trying too hard to put the fairy tale characters into a modern, hip society, with no interaction with magic-less humans.  Young Baker fans will probably still have fun with this. 

EL, MS – ADVISABLE.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: