Thursday, May 12, 2016

Slickety Quick: Poems about Sharks by Skila Brown - ADVISABLE

Brown, Skila Slickety Quick: Poems about Sharks Candlewick, 2016. $16.99 PICTURE BOOK
This book features poems and information about numerous kinds of sharks. Many of the poems are laid out in a creature manner, such a s a nurse shark wearing a poem mustache about its mustache. Features double page illustrations of each shark that are bright computer graphic style.
Something happened bad to me when I was in second grade, poetry. I have never recovered, so I am probably not a great person to review poetry books, I just don’t gel with poetry very often. This is no exception. But I am going to rate it as advisable because I do think that the artwork is so fun, the topic is appealing to the many and numerous shark fans and the informational blurbs add quite a bit.
EL(K-3)  - ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: