Friday, May 20, 2016

Maggie and Wendel Imagine Everything! by Cori Doerrfeld- ADVISABLE

Doerrfeld, Cori. Maggie and Wendel Imagine Everything!, PICTURE BOOK. Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2016. $17.99. Maggie and Wendel are a big sister and little brother team who love to imagine things together. They use their toys and their imaginations to go on all sorts of make believe adventures together. They go shopping, save friends from a fire, and visit the jungle. I like the illustrations in this book. They are simple and detailed. I love the concept of using your imagination to play anything and I like that the siblings enjoy being together so much. My only complaint is that the switch from the reality of what the children are doing to their imaginary world is very abrupt and I think it could be confusing for young readers. PRE-K, K-3- ADVISABLE. Reviewed by Shay, School Librarian

No comments: