Thursday, March 10, 2016

There was an old Woman who lived in a shoe by Jane Cabrera – OPTIONAL

Cabrera, Jane There was an old Woman who live in a shoe Holiday House, 2016. $16.95 PICTURE BOOK
This is re-telling of the classic nursery rhyme. It features an old woman who is extra cuddly and lovey and makes soup with coconut in it and makes the children fashion show worthy clothes.  The illustrations are big and bright and fun.
I thought this book was kind of odd. Some of the Rhyming is forced, like the use of the word Gnu. When I was a kid this poem always made me worry about how all these children didn’t have parents, so I am not so in love with the rhyme that I would add this book to my collection.
EL(K-3)  –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: