Thursday, January 21, 2016

Zero Day by Jan Ganges - ESSENTIAL

Gangsei, Jan Zero Day, 359 pages.  Hyperion, 2015.  $18.  Mature Content: G; Violence: PG (explosion); Language: PG-13 (54 swears, 0 ‘f’).

When she was 8, Addie, was kidnapped right out of the house of her father, the Governor.  Now her father is in the White House and Addie has escaped her captors.  Or has she been planted?  Hidden enemies have a lesson that they want to teach the United States and Addie is perfectly poised to be part of that message.  Now that she is back among her family and friends, where do her loyalties actually lie?

Gangsei certainly knows how to jerk my chain!  I was so angry at Addie for her torn loyalties – I actually told a teacher a friend and she reminded me I was getting worked up over a fictional character.  Score one for great writing. 

MS – ADVISABLE.  HS – ESSENTIAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: