Thursday, December 10, 2015

Disney Movie Posters: From Steamboat Willie to Inside Out - ESSENTIAL

Luperchio, Kevin Disney Movie Posters: From Steamboat Willie to Inside Out, 141 pages.  Disney editions, 2015.  $40.  Content: G

While this large format book doesn’t contain every movie poster Disney has ever released, it comes pretty close to having a poster from every Disney movie ever created (I admit I didn’t use a checklist).  And Luperchino adds behind the scenes information about Disney and the art of movie posters to the visual treat – fun and facts!  And who doesn’t love Disney facts.  If you have a Disney-phile or a movie lover at your library or on your gift list, this is a go-to option.  I lovingly gazed at every single poster and relived my first viewing of each piece of Disney history.  I know some students, also, who going to be thrilled to discover this gem on the library shelves.

GIFT – ESSENTIAL; MS, HS – OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: